yesterday i made a list of goals. some are really small but some are really huge to me. my list was kind of long, but here are a few:
1) sew a wearable garment. i've taken a sewing class before so i sort of know the basics. although i just really despise sewing, i WISH i loved it. because i love to design clothes. i have tons of ideas. but i never want to actually make the things!
2) draw a tattoo and then actually get it onto my skin! eeek... i made a post earlier about getting an art nouveau tattoo. and i really want to follow through with it. i got an awesome big book of alphonse mucha for christmas, so i'm even more inspired!
3) get consistent with exercise. get back to yoga on a regular basis. use my gym membership i pay for! and walk my dog more and for longer walks.
4) buy equipment needed for a full metal smithing studio. i don't know why this intimidates me so much...well i have a few ideas....but anyway, i think this is the year it will actually begin to happen.
5) get more consistent with daily practices that help me to know myself more (meditate, write to myself, self reflection, etc).
well those are just a few. i have many more. maybe i'll post some more later.
i also made a list of things i accomplished this year. and here are some of those:
1) opened an etsy shop. actually two. handmade jewelry and vintage.
2) stopped taking xanax. i had some major panic attacks a while back and it took me some years, but i am now off any medication that i used to cope with it.
3) did my first fashion show with my jewelry and my first big craft fair.
4) learned A LOT about myself, read some books that have helped me grow, one being a relationship book that my boyfriend and i read together and are now in the "exercise" portion of the book.
5) started this blog! and i'm happy i did. i am slowly getting to know some very inspiring and cool people. i was very hesitant before starting a blog...what do i have to share? how much of myself do i want to put out there? is it narcissistic? etc etc etc.... i still have some of that but i'm working through it. i'm beginning to open up a little more on here and it's pretty fun actually.
thank you for reading! i hope you have some fabulous goals for this year and also that you've patted yourself on the back for the things you have accomplished this past year!
ps...here is my attempt at cupcake snipers's retro hair tutorial. check it out!