8.06.2013

Meditation Challenge Day 6

Today I meditated in silence and started to fall asleep a little. So I decided to put on a guided meditation. The one I chose today is called Dissolving the Veils. (in the sidebar here) It's a 12 minute meditation and the part I liked the best was when the focus is on the Solar Plexus, releasing fear and judgement. Then after that the focus goes to the heart, feeling unconditional love for oneself. This part of the meditation inspired the words on this photo. I have been focusing on accepting myself exactly as I am right now. Not when I make more money, have a better house, eat healthier, go to yoga more, get in better shape, exercise more, stop eating sugar, reach my goals....you get the point...but just as I am right in this moment, with all these "flaws". This photo was also inspired by Laura's post over at her amazing blog. If you haven't checked her space out yet, I highly recommend it!

Actually taking this photo was an exercise of accepting myself exactly as I am right now because really I would have preferred to have makeup on, have my hair washed and have a cuter look going than I do in this photo. But the inspiration happened when my hair was dirty, I was makeup-less and wearing the thing I woke up in. I had to laugh at myself while taking this photo because I wanted so badly to "clean myself up" for the picture and that felt so completely unauthentic. So, I decided to accept myself and the photo of myself anyway, even though I didn't feel it was cute enough or portraying some sort of ultra hip idea here. Because screw it, I am enough just as I am! :)

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for sharing this katie! im so glad you did it in the moment!!! i had actually done a photoshoot earlier in the day when i did mine, and had makeup on etc, and decided to go wash it all off to do my photo, b/c i wanted to capture myself raw, without the veil to hide behind, just as i am. so this is perfect!!! it is so freeing. thank you for being on this journey with me.

    ReplyDelete